STEJASA’s reputation for dampers designs is well known worldwide. These have been present in the process industries for decades and have proven to be extremely reliable. This permanent equipment built to isolate certain parts of a process is not always the best solution. This is why STEJASA’s eagerness for innovation has come up with this revolutionary solution: the duct balloon.
This duct balloon allows a temporary isolation of a process section. This inflatable barrier can be set up within in a few minutes. Once inflated the large contact surface allows an incredibly tight seal. Thanks to its robust construction, resistant to aggressive atmospheres, it can be inflated and deflated as many times as necessary.
With its integrate fan, it can be left inside a duct for hours, days or months.
The applications for such an innovative product are:
• Isolation of the inlet and outlet of a gas turbine during a long shutdown. This will avoid dust, water and any other aggressive element damage a machine worth millions of dollars.
• Isolation of a stack during a shutdown or maintenance schedule to prevent water entering the working area.
• It helps isolate maintenance teams from other parts of the plant in operation. Thanks to it highly effective tightness and capacity to resist up to 150ºC, workers doing repairs will not be exposed to heat, dust, annoying odours, etc…
• It may be used as a scaffold inside a duct to easy access repair work (bag filter maintenance for instance).
• Isolation of hoppers and cyclones during maintenance operation
• Any other isolating solution you may think of…
And best of all, it can be designed to fit any kind of duct shape. So hurry, order your air damper now and reduce shutdown costs.